Thursday, February 25, 2016

NY's best Deals for Parents

Here are some of the best deals I have found as a father or my dads411.   I love children's products like ABC Mouse  and raz-kids,  Gymboree on west 73 provided my kids with a great foundation for day camp.  My kids went straight from the best day camp at the West Side YMCA on 63rd and Broadway.  They will be going there again this summer.  You can't beat the deal.  The West Side YMCA is half the price of other camps and provide the same activities including a pool on location.  The West Side YMCA provided a great launching pad for my daughter who is now thriving at the best pre K in NYC, PS 145 the Bloomingdale School.  Unlike PS 87, PS 452 and PS 333, PS 145 accepts students from anywhere is zone 3 in Manhattan which runs from the West 70's through West 125.  PS 145 accepts students that were zoned for Pre K at PS 87 but weren't accepted there due to space issues.  PS 145 is providing my daughter a great foundation for kindergarten.  I like PS145 so much that I joined the PTA and the SLT.

What do stay at home moms and dads do when their kids are at Gymboree or the West Side YMCA day camp?  The NY Sports 76th Street and Broadway mysportsclubs.com  is one of the best deals in NYC at $20-$40 a month for unlimited classes.  It gives me a place to work out when my kids are learning and playing.


Also how about going over to Trader Joe's on the upper west side to take care of all your shopping? Other NY deals that can't be beaten are memberships at the American Museum of Natural History,   where my kids and I spent countless hours on days we couldn't go to the  Bronx Zoo because of the weather.  Memberships to the Bronx Zoo and the American Museum of Natural History are as cheap as they come and provide endless entertainment and education for your kids.  A premium membership at the Bronx Zoo gets you unlimited access to all premium attractions (Children's Zoo, 4-D Theater, Bug Carousel, Congo Gorilla Forest, JungleWorld, Zoo Shuttle, Wild Asia Monorail, and Butterfly Garden) at the Bronx Zoo plus free parking at the Bronx Zoo and New York Aquarium as well as all other New York City zoos.  

No comments:

Post a Comment