Monday, June 6, 2016

yoga pants shouldn't be attire for young teen girls

Let me just start this off by saying I'm not conservative at all.  In fact, most of my conservative friends consider me the most liberal person in the country.  But, I've been noticing a trend lately that concerns me.  The trend involves women of all ages wearing yoga pants or tights, not just to work out in but all day.

Now, I don't have a problem if a woman wants to wear yoga pants or tights and put herself on display for everyone to see, and everyone can see them in biblical sense.  I've noticed those woman wearing yoga pants in the subway getting gawked at by everyone who passes them by.  If that's okay with them then its okay with me.

My issue isn't with them, its with parents of kids allowing their daughters to wear yoga like pants or tights to school and around the city.  Some of those girls I see on the city bus couldn't be older than junior high school age.  I really don't understand why a parent would want their daughter wearing tights with nothing covering them up in and around the city.  This is a dangerous city a times.

Recently I was taking my daughter on the bus to school and it was raining so we decided to take the bus instead of her riding her bike and me walking fast or running along side her (this is the method we usually get to school when its nice out).  On the bus there are always kids going to a public school past where my daughter goes to pre k.  They are nice kids, well mannered and clean cut (mostly if not all white, which is an issue I have with public schools being segregated but that I addressed in a previous essay.)

But lets talk about dress, or how parents allow their girls to dress.  I see these girls dressed in these yoga pant like outfits or tights  and I ask myself two things are their parents actually allowing them to wear these clothes? Do they the sneak out without being noticed by their parents?  


My my daughter wants to dress herself for school and she often tries to get away with wearing tights and my wife or I tell her she needs to wear a dress over the tights.  I guess she sees girls wearing tights that are not much older then her and she wants to emulate them.  I am thankful that my daughter will go to a school that doesn't allow tights to be warn as an outfit.  I am not sure why any school public or private would allow such attire.  Why would a parent or a school want their young girls to wear tights or yoga pants which make them look 4 or 5 year older?  I, for one, am not in a great hurry for my daughter to grow up.  I'd like her to be a little kid for as long as its appropriate for her to be a little kid.

2 comments:

  1. Truly a really interesting post. When it comes to workout clothing everyone assume them to be boring but have just discovered a superb website which have stylish clothes that looks trendy. Just bought black pattern leggings from it and loving them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is highly informatics, crisp and clear. I think that everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things. yoga pants for women

    ReplyDelete